Enjoy your Swimming Pool, your already saving WATER!
Did you know that your SWIMMING POOL uses less WATER than it takes your neighbor’s to keep their lawn green? California always seems to be in a drought! Water conservation is on everyone’s mind, swimming pool water evaporates about 1.5 to 2 inches a week, taking this into consideration, it is not that much. Compared to a green lawn, the average swimming pool uses about half the water per square footage, and think about the space your pool deck consumes, as a pool owner you are conserving water. The average swimming pool about 400 square feet, consumes less water than sod of equal size, even after the swimming pool has been filled one time and maintained for one year.
Check out how you are helping conserve water by using this water usage calculator provided by LetsPOOLTogether!
Water Usage Everyone Consumes
- Flushing a toilet – 5 to 7 Gallons each flush (low flow 1.2 Gallons per flush).
- Taking a shower (regular flow), 7- 10 Gallons a minute.
- Taking a bath 36 to 50 gallons (take a dip in your salt water swimming pool instead).
- Brushing your teeth, 10 Gallons if the water is left running. Turn the water off while you brush.
- Washing your hands, 2 gallons if your tap is left running.
- Most households even pool owners water usage comes from doing laundry, hang it up if it is not dirty!
How to conserve water as a Swimming Pool Owner
- Adding a swimming pool cover reduces water evaporation by as much as 90%
- User your waterfalls, fountains and other water features to reduce water evaporation.
- Keep an eye on your water level, have your pool tested for leaks, click hear to watch an informational video from LetsPOOLTogether.
- Save water by replacing your DE filters with cartridge filters that do not require back washing.
There is also a new exciting product on the market COVERfree it reduces heat loss in your water aa well as water evaporation. This new technology can save you money while offering the ability to save water (water conservation) by decreasing water evaporation. This product is NSF approved, even when the water is disturbed by swimmers, wind or your swimming pool pump COVERfree remains at the surface to protect your salt water or chlorine water, from heat loss and evaporation. Give us a call and we would be happy to discuss this great product and the savings it and water conservation it provides.